Light stories and heartfelt experiences of anything under the sun, the moon and stars that constantly keep me happy, productive and inspired.

Labels

#consciousshopping (1) #diningathome (1) #elevatedliving (2) #fineliving #dressingpresentably (1) #fineliving #slowliving #everythingstartsathome (2) #homemaking (2) #homemaking #fineliving #slowliving #everythingstartsathome (2) #homemakingchic (1) #minimalism #clutterfreehome (1) #quefamilytravels #travelingafterthepandemic #ahomemakersrealization (1) #slowfashion (1) a Mother's love (2) alternative health (6) Angelo (1) Angelo Que (16) aromahead (1) aromatherapy (2) aromatherapy education (1) aromatherapy resources (1) Ashtanga yoga (1) AsianTour (1) Attachment Parenting (2) awareness (1) Ayurveda (4) baby cuddles (1) Baby milestones (4) baby traits (1) Baby wearing (1) Baby yoga (1) Bahay Kalipay (1) Bali (1) Bali Spirit Festival (1) Balik Bukid (1) base oils (1) Batangas (1) blessings (3) bloggy moms (2) Camilo (3) Chai Tea (1) chakra meditation (1) chakras (2) Chandra (11) christmas (2) co sleeping (1) Co-sleeping (1) consciousness (1) Crans Montana (2) daydreams (1) delights (3) DIY (1) Dr. Karen Kow (1) Echo store (1) Eco living (6) eco-friendly home (4) Elephant Santuary (1) epiphany (8) essential oils (2) family (4) family love (1) family travel (1) family vacay (1) Fierce love (1) food (5) France (2) Fun Farm (1) Going Green (5) golf (8) good thoughts (1) Govinda Kai (1) gratitude (2) Green Living (1) Green Smoothies (1) Happy To Be In (1) Harvest Moon (1) health consciousness (5) healthy living (1) holistic farm (1) home (5) homemade foods (1) Hongkong (1) ICTSI (3) Ilog Maria (1) Iloilo (1) Indigo Baby (1) Inner Dance (1) inner healing (1) Iyengar Yoga (2) Jeju Island (1) Jessica Blanchard (1) katie moore (1) Kino McGregor (1) Knitting (1) ladies pro golf (1) Ladies professional golf (1) life (1) Lifestyle Network (1) love (18) LPGT (1) lullabies (1) Maldives (1) Male (1) mamababylove (4) manila workshops (1) Massage Therapy (1) MC Yogi (1) meditation (4) Moon cycles (1) Moon Phases (1) moon themes (1) moonbaby (6) Mother's Day (1) Motherhood (2) motivation (1) Natural and Organic (3) natural birth and natural parenting (1) natural parenting (2) Natural pregnancy (1) natural remedies (3) nature healing (2) Nature Trips (3) nesting (1) new baby (1) nurturing infants (1) OM Spa (1) Organic Barley (1) parenthood (2) parenting (2) Paris (3) Philippine Golf Tour (1) plants (1) Poems (1) precious (1) pregnancy (2) prenatal yoga (4) Punta Fuego (1) Raw Foods (3) Rina Ortiz (1) Ritz Carlton (1) Santosha (1) sattvic (4) Saya Baby Carrier (1) Shopping (1) simple cooking (1) Sivananda (1) sound healing (1) spinal anethesia (1) St. Omer (2) summer (1) Summer baby (1) Sun (1) teaching (2) the yoga shala (1) Thoughts (1) toddler milestones (1) travel (9) Tree planting (1) Ubud (1) universal energy (1) upcoming newborn (1) vacation (4) vastu (1) VCO (1) Wahm (1) Waldorf Education (1) waterbabies (1) Wellness (1) wham (1) Wheatgrass (1) Working Mom magazine (1) yoga (10) Yoga Manila (3) yoga poses (3) Yoga Thailand (1) Yoginspired (1) Zen (2)

Friday, November 4, 2022

Dining At Home

Now that I have looked at homemaking positively and accepted it as one of the most important jobs, I’ve begun to cook more and even baked some foods from scratch. Also, I have become more conscious of my budget for groceries and lessened eating out (only when necessary, like on special occasions). It’s cheaper, you can adjust your ingredients, and you can practice formality and dining etiquette at home with your family. I cook simple foods, yet I can make them a pleasant and formal dining experience. How? I set the table using my best cutlery, dishes, and napkins, sitting down without gadgets and enjoying each other’s company.
Here is a sample of our table setting at home. The cotton napkins I use as I journal this blog is no longer new from the constant washing. Haha! I also like changing up the plates according to season. Since we only have two seasons, these blue “knock-off Spode plates” from Claytan will do for fall. I will change my plates soon for Christmas and then next for summer. :)
I like to use rattan chargers as placemats. It just organizes everything on the table.
And here are some simple, mostly organic and healthy dishes I make at home that the whole family loves. Also, I prefer plating my kids’ meals. I know how much they can finish.
Pasta Bolognese
Pasta Carbonara
Organic Pork Sinigang
Organic Chicken Afritada
Vegetabel Ramen Noodle Soup
Homemade Cheese Pizza
Caesar Salad
Salmon and Veggies
Wagyu Steak and Veggies
Air-Fryed Organic Chicken and Sautéed Kangkong
Spam and Veggies (Yes, we eat spam from time to time.)
Organic Egg Sandwich with Air-Fryed Organic Potato Chips
Homemade Easy Pancakes
Puto Muffins
Coco Sugar Choc Chip Cookies
Blueberry Jam Muffins
Homemade Butterscotch Pudding with English Tea (I love me my version of hot milk tea in the afternoon)
No-Bake Granola Balls with Hot Milk Tea (always!)
I'm still learning many recipes along the way that I can make and that my husband and kids will love. And they are the reason why I'm doing what I'm doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...