Light stories and heartfelt experiences of anything under the sun, the moon and stars that constantly keep me happy, productive and inspired.

Labels

#consciousshopping (1) #diningathome (1) #elevatedliving (2) #fineliving #dressingpresentably (1) #fineliving #slowliving #everythingstartsathome (2) #homemaking (2) #homemaking #fineliving #slowliving #everythingstartsathome (2) #homemakingchic (1) #minimalism #clutterfreehome (1) #quefamilytravels #travelingafterthepandemic #ahomemakersrealization (1) #slowfashion (1) a Mother's love (2) alternative health (6) Angelo (1) Angelo Que (16) aromahead (1) aromatherapy (2) aromatherapy education (1) aromatherapy resources (1) Ashtanga yoga (1) AsianTour (1) Attachment Parenting (2) awareness (1) Ayurveda (4) baby cuddles (1) Baby milestones (4) baby traits (1) Baby wearing (1) Baby yoga (1) Bahay Kalipay (1) Bali (1) Bali Spirit Festival (1) Balik Bukid (1) base oils (1) Batangas (1) blessings (3) bloggy moms (2) Camilo (3) Chai Tea (1) chakra meditation (1) chakras (2) Chandra (11) christmas (2) co sleeping (1) Co-sleeping (1) consciousness (1) Crans Montana (2) daydreams (1) delights (3) DIY (1) Dr. Karen Kow (1) Echo store (1) Eco living (6) eco-friendly home (4) Elephant Santuary (1) epiphany (8) essential oils (2) family (4) family love (1) family travel (1) family vacay (1) Fierce love (1) food (5) France (2) Fun Farm (1) Going Green (5) golf (8) good thoughts (1) Govinda Kai (1) gratitude (2) Green Living (1) Green Smoothies (1) Happy To Be In (1) Harvest Moon (1) health consciousness (5) healthy living (1) holistic farm (1) home (5) homemade foods (1) Hongkong (1) ICTSI (3) Ilog Maria (1) Iloilo (1) Indigo Baby (1) Inner Dance (1) inner healing (1) Iyengar Yoga (2) Jeju Island (1) Jessica Blanchard (1) katie moore (1) Kino McGregor (1) Knitting (1) ladies pro golf (1) Ladies professional golf (1) life (1) Lifestyle Network (1) love (18) LPGT (1) lullabies (1) Maldives (1) Male (1) mamababylove (4) manila workshops (1) Massage Therapy (1) MC Yogi (1) meditation (4) Moon cycles (1) Moon Phases (1) moon themes (1) moonbaby (6) Mother's Day (1) Motherhood (2) motivation (1) Natural and Organic (3) natural birth and natural parenting (1) natural parenting (2) Natural pregnancy (1) natural remedies (3) nature healing (2) Nature Trips (3) nesting (1) new baby (1) nurturing infants (1) OM Spa (1) Organic Barley (1) parenthood (2) parenting (2) Paris (3) Philippine Golf Tour (1) plants (1) Poems (1) precious (1) pregnancy (2) prenatal yoga (4) Punta Fuego (1) Raw Foods (3) Rina Ortiz (1) Ritz Carlton (1) Santosha (1) sattvic (4) Saya Baby Carrier (1) Shopping (1) simple cooking (1) Sivananda (1) sound healing (1) spinal anethesia (1) St. Omer (2) summer (1) Summer baby (1) Sun (1) teaching (2) the yoga shala (1) Thoughts (1) toddler milestones (1) travel (9) Tree planting (1) Ubud (1) universal energy (1) upcoming newborn (1) vacation (4) vastu (1) VCO (1) Wahm (1) Waldorf Education (1) waterbabies (1) Wellness (1) wham (1) Wheatgrass (1) Working Mom magazine (1) yoga (10) Yoga Manila (3) yoga poses (3) Yoga Thailand (1) Yoginspired (1) Zen (2)

Saturday, November 12, 2022

How I Present Myself

As a homemaker, I always remember not to neglect myself. Instead, I put effort into presenting myself at home in front of my husband and children. So even while I do my mundane chores, such as cooking, cleaning, and the laundry, I still wear my presentable clothes, put on light make-up and adorn myself with minimal jewelry.
Here in the Philippines, all year round is summer. So I choose clothing material that can last a long time for reuse.
I have been drawn to the 10-item capsule wardrobe concept from many influencers in my algorithm and learned from this. The French are experts, and they are on to something. (Well, in my case, I do 15, haha). They believe less is more, and now so do I. This notion has made me a responsible shopper. I choose quality materials with natural and authentic fibers such as natural linen, pure cotton, pure silk, or the cheaper alternative such as satin, and cashmere. I like supporting and buying from small local businesses. They are amazing. I advocate slow fashion now because you know it is done right to your body's measurements. There is no more impulse buying and suffering from buyer's remorse after. It's madness when you have excess in your closet with stuff you never get to use.😅 Whatever excess I had before, bags, clothes, shoes- I've sold and kept the ones that I like and have been using them every day now—no more holding it in the closet and saving it for that special occasion that usually never comes. This notion is where I practice the expression "Life is short" and even the term "Yolo "(it means "you only live once, "for short). It's using and reusing whatever you already have in your wardrobe.
The ten or 15 item capsule wardrobe is a brilliant concept. This idea, in turn, has made me find my true style, which I am comfortable with, and that is a flowy-minimal-chic style.
Here are some outfits in my wardrobe that I constantly reuse daily at home, which also applies when I go out for errands. :)
Here are the typical outfits I use daily. The fabrics are pure linen and cotton and they are all from two slow-fashion online shops that I follow on Instagram.
This is the Lily Dress in linen fabric.
Marseille Dress also in linen fabric.
This is called an Ochre dress but in a black color. Also in linen fabric
A simple black dress for hot summers that you can jazz up with espadrilles. You guessed it, linen again. :)
A natural beige linen custom dress.
Long white shirt dress.
Cotton Dresses in white and baby blue..
Cool white blouse and pants ensemble
...And a simple white linen V-neck top..
It's much easier and faster to get ready in the mornings now. Also, mixing and matching are more uncomplicated. I'm committed to simplifying my life, starting with an organized closet that is no longer overflowing with clothes. Not only is it satisfying to look at, but also chic.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...