Light stories and heartfelt experiences of anything under the sun, the moon and stars that constantly keep me happy, productive and inspired.

Labels

#consciousshopping (1) #diningathome (1) #elevatedliving (2) #fineliving #dressingpresentably (1) #fineliving #slowliving #everythingstartsathome (2) #homemaking (2) #homemaking #fineliving #slowliving #everythingstartsathome (2) #homemakingchic (1) #minimalism #clutterfreehome (1) #quefamilytravels #travelingafterthepandemic #ahomemakersrealization (1) #slowfashion (1) a Mother's love (2) alternative health (6) Angelo (1) Angelo Que (16) aromahead (1) aromatherapy (2) aromatherapy education (1) aromatherapy resources (1) Ashtanga yoga (1) AsianTour (1) Attachment Parenting (2) awareness (1) Ayurveda (4) baby cuddles (1) Baby milestones (4) baby traits (1) Baby wearing (1) Baby yoga (1) Bahay Kalipay (1) Bali (1) Bali Spirit Festival (1) Balik Bukid (1) base oils (1) Batangas (1) blessings (3) bloggy moms (2) Camilo (3) Chai Tea (1) chakra meditation (1) chakras (2) Chandra (11) christmas (2) co sleeping (1) Co-sleeping (1) consciousness (1) Crans Montana (2) daydreams (1) delights (3) DIY (1) Dr. Karen Kow (1) Echo store (1) Eco living (6) eco-friendly home (4) Elephant Santuary (1) epiphany (8) essential oils (2) family (4) family love (1) family travel (1) family vacay (1) Fierce love (1) food (5) France (2) Fun Farm (1) Going Green (5) golf (8) good thoughts (1) Govinda Kai (1) gratitude (2) Green Living (1) Green Smoothies (1) Happy To Be In (1) Harvest Moon (1) health consciousness (5) healthy living (1) holistic farm (1) home (5) homemade foods (1) Hongkong (1) ICTSI (3) Ilog Maria (1) Iloilo (1) Indigo Baby (1) Inner Dance (1) inner healing (1) Iyengar Yoga (2) Jeju Island (1) Jessica Blanchard (1) katie moore (1) Kino McGregor (1) Knitting (1) ladies pro golf (1) Ladies professional golf (1) life (1) Lifestyle Network (1) love (18) LPGT (1) lullabies (1) Maldives (1) Male (1) mamababylove (4) manila workshops (1) Massage Therapy (1) MC Yogi (1) meditation (4) Moon cycles (1) Moon Phases (1) moon themes (1) moonbaby (6) Mother's Day (1) Motherhood (2) motivation (1) Natural and Organic (3) natural birth and natural parenting (1) natural parenting (2) Natural pregnancy (1) natural remedies (3) nature healing (2) Nature Trips (3) nesting (1) new baby (1) nurturing infants (1) OM Spa (1) Organic Barley (1) parenthood (2) parenting (2) Paris (3) Philippine Golf Tour (1) plants (1) Poems (1) precious (1) pregnancy (2) prenatal yoga (4) Punta Fuego (1) Raw Foods (3) Rina Ortiz (1) Ritz Carlton (1) Santosha (1) sattvic (4) Saya Baby Carrier (1) Shopping (1) simple cooking (1) Sivananda (1) sound healing (1) spinal anethesia (1) St. Omer (2) summer (1) Summer baby (1) Sun (1) teaching (2) the yoga shala (1) Thoughts (1) toddler milestones (1) travel (9) Tree planting (1) Ubud (1) universal energy (1) upcoming newborn (1) vacation (4) vastu (1) VCO (1) Wahm (1) Waldorf Education (1) waterbabies (1) Wellness (1) wham (1) Wheatgrass (1) Working Mom magazine (1) yoga (10) Yoga Manila (3) yoga poses (3) Yoga Thailand (1) Yoginspired (1) Zen (2)

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Shampoorific!!

Finally! I found two natural shampoos that actually work for me and that I can actually stick with. Because I don't really like using conditioners, I have been on a quest for a long time, searching for that perfect shampoo made from natural ingredients, and one that doesn't dry and feel coarse the moment you rinse it off. This search wasn't easy because being an ex-user of commercially made shampoos on the market, my standards were pretty high. I was forever looking for that perfect shampoo product that was "after-conditioner-soft-and-smooth" especially after rinsing. Believe me there were many naturally based shampoos that I've tried, and the moment I washed them off, the texture of my hair felt like rubber bands to the touch, and it felt like combing my way through teased hair.
Every purchase I made has been a trial and error case until I recently discovered and tried Ilog Maria's Honey & Propolis shampoo and Mt. Banahaw's Gugo Exotic shampoo. I have to say that I love how they just smell on my hair!

Ilog Maria's Honey & Propolis shampoo doesn't lather much at all and felt a little coarse at first after washing it out. But it gets better. The instructions asks you to apply 2 slices of Calamansi (in my case about 6-8 since my hair is very thick) as the finale. As Calamansi has enough limonene oil in it, I was surprised to feel that the texture of my hair after rinsing the Calamansi juice off, really did my hair good. It felt soft and smooth after. Not being a fan of conditioning, I finally found something worth a conditioner which was just in my fridge all along! :)

The natural ingredients used are honey, which is great for conditioning and hair growth; Propolis which helps ease scalp infections (such as dandruff, falling and graying hair); and natural oils of coconut, palm kernel and castor that are combined for gentle cleansing.

The Adventure of Alternating

Since I've learned not to stick to one shampoo rigidly, I also found Mt. Banahaw's Gugo Exotic shampoo. The dried Gugo vine is still contained in the bottle and is the source of Saponin which is a natural surfactant that also has "magical" cleansing powers for hair and scalp. Since I do have falling hair, it is also believed by the folk people that Gugo aids in hair growth.
When the shampoo is finished, I still like to make use of that potent Gugo vine in there by adding some water in the bottle, shake, and massage away on my scalp.

I alternate shampoos every week or so. I read somewhere that this is the healthy way to keep your hair vital and alive. And so far, it does look and feel that way.

With all this sublime natural ingredients to use and without also having to worry about polluting the environment, my quick, quality showers have never felt this refreshing! :)


P.S I love buying and browsing around for natural products at the echo store located in Serendra, Fort Bonifacio. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...