Light stories and heartfelt experiences of anything under the sun, the moon and stars that constantly keep me happy, productive and inspired.

Labels

#consciousshopping (1) #diningathome (1) #elevatedliving (2) #fineliving #dressingpresentably (1) #fineliving #slowliving #everythingstartsathome (2) #homemaking (2) #homemaking #fineliving #slowliving #everythingstartsathome (2) #homemakingchic (1) #minimalism #clutterfreehome (1) #quefamilytravels #travelingafterthepandemic #ahomemakersrealization (1) #slowfashion (1) a Mother's love (2) alternative health (6) Angelo (1) Angelo Que (16) aromahead (1) aromatherapy (2) aromatherapy education (1) aromatherapy resources (1) Ashtanga yoga (1) AsianTour (1) Attachment Parenting (2) awareness (1) Ayurveda (4) baby cuddles (1) Baby milestones (4) baby traits (1) Baby wearing (1) Baby yoga (1) Bahay Kalipay (1) Bali (1) Bali Spirit Festival (1) Balik Bukid (1) base oils (1) Batangas (1) blessings (3) bloggy moms (2) Camilo (3) Chai Tea (1) chakra meditation (1) chakras (2) Chandra (11) christmas (2) co sleeping (1) Co-sleeping (1) consciousness (1) Crans Montana (2) daydreams (1) delights (3) DIY (1) Dr. Karen Kow (1) Echo store (1) Eco living (6) eco-friendly home (4) Elephant Santuary (1) epiphany (8) essential oils (2) family (4) family love (1) family travel (1) family vacay (1) Fierce love (1) food (5) France (2) Fun Farm (1) Going Green (5) golf (8) good thoughts (1) Govinda Kai (1) gratitude (2) Green Living (1) Green Smoothies (1) Happy To Be In (1) Harvest Moon (1) health consciousness (5) healthy living (1) holistic farm (1) home (5) homemade foods (1) Hongkong (1) ICTSI (3) Ilog Maria (1) Iloilo (1) Indigo Baby (1) Inner Dance (1) inner healing (1) Iyengar Yoga (2) Jeju Island (1) Jessica Blanchard (1) katie moore (1) Kino McGregor (1) Knitting (1) ladies pro golf (1) Ladies professional golf (1) life (1) Lifestyle Network (1) love (18) LPGT (1) lullabies (1) Maldives (1) Male (1) mamababylove (4) manila workshops (1) Massage Therapy (1) MC Yogi (1) meditation (4) Moon cycles (1) Moon Phases (1) moon themes (1) moonbaby (6) Mother's Day (1) Motherhood (2) motivation (1) Natural and Organic (3) natural birth and natural parenting (1) natural parenting (2) Natural pregnancy (1) natural remedies (3) nature healing (2) Nature Trips (3) nesting (1) new baby (1) nurturing infants (1) OM Spa (1) Organic Barley (1) parenthood (2) parenting (2) Paris (3) Philippine Golf Tour (1) plants (1) Poems (1) precious (1) pregnancy (2) prenatal yoga (4) Punta Fuego (1) Raw Foods (3) Rina Ortiz (1) Ritz Carlton (1) Santosha (1) sattvic (4) Saya Baby Carrier (1) Shopping (1) simple cooking (1) Sivananda (1) sound healing (1) spinal anethesia (1) St. Omer (2) summer (1) Summer baby (1) Sun (1) teaching (2) the yoga shala (1) Thoughts (1) toddler milestones (1) travel (9) Tree planting (1) Ubud (1) universal energy (1) upcoming newborn (1) vacation (4) vastu (1) VCO (1) Wahm (1) Waldorf Education (1) waterbabies (1) Wellness (1) wham (1) Wheatgrass (1) Working Mom magazine (1) yoga (10) Yoga Manila (3) yoga poses (3) Yoga Thailand (1) Yoginspired (1) Zen (2)

Sunday, March 21, 2010

To Market, To Market







Angel and I just came off Sunday mass and decided to visit the Legaspi market in Makati. We have heard of the place but this was our very first visit. What can I say? It's a bazaar with more of the healthy stuff. I have already seen some of the retailers in bazaars I've been too, but this time this was a mix of everything. Since shopping in bazaars is one of my favorite past times, being in this market gave me that same feeling-- I was all revved up! =) Seeing all the green and organic produce of fruits and vegetables made me even more enthusiastic. I especially went gaga over other products (I have not seen and heard of yet) that are local, made out of natural ingredients, handmade and recycled. Why does this get me all excited? I guess it has something to do with my husband and I trying our best to be one of those "beings" doing their part in attaining a green and ecological lifestyle, and therefore, also supporting sustainable jobs. I know it sounds kind of "over-the-top," but I believe that in this day and age, this becomes part of our responsibility to help out the world and the people living in it in our own small way. It truly is great to know and see how many Filipinos now are also doing their duties to help preserve the community just by being "greener beings." Their zest for life through conscious living and awareness of environment is so contagious, it truly is inspiring!

As I was going around eagerly, I felt like I wanted to try, taste and buy almost everything that was in there. Amidst the scorching heat, merchants still went about their way smiling and offering free taste tests that were hard to resist on my part. =) I didn't even care about the sweat that was coming out of me profusely! And surprisingly, even my husband enjoyed spending time with me over there and didn't even mind the hot spell.

To start off, I bought sunblock and body oil from my favorite Indigo Baby line (They are always present in every Bazaar and now I know, even in the Legaspi Market). It's all natural, chemical- free and smells divine. I'm here with co owner Denise. Don't ever stop producing your stuff my dear yogi friends Monica and Denise and more power to you guys!

Then, I found my way over to the green side. Time to stock up my fridge on the good stuff that lately, Angel and I have been fond of eating. They are: Romaine lettuce, tomatoes, Spinach, Pechay, Eggplant, Cauliflower, Broccoli, Ampalaya and Camote! I also bought our favorite fruits of Banana, Lanzones, Kiat Kiats, and Pears! =)

Still on the green side, because of the sweltering heat I decided to go to the Rawlicious corner and treat myself to a Hella Green smoothie. Its a mixture of coconut water, raw spinach, mango and banana. It tastes absolutely yummy! What a great healthy drink to snack on to energize you.

After much going around and buying some useful things for the home and kitchen, Angel and I decided to take a break and go for lunch. We separated ways since he already knew what he wanted. I, on the other hand decided to go to the edgy veggie joint for a light and healthy meal.

Finally the heat was almost unbearable that we decided to call it a day. But before heading back to the car I made two more quick detours. I went over to the Chlorophyll booth to get my Almond nut milk. Just so you know, healthwise, this drink brings out your good cholesterol and is great for the heart. And lastly, for my easy and tasty cooking needs, I went over at the Herb's Best stall to get my Sinigang and Pang-gisa mix. It's free of msg, and preservatives which is how I like it. =)

After much grocery and shopping in one venue, I could say that today has been one of my very fruitful Sundays. I left content and happy. Going to market on Sundays truly feels very therapeutic and less stressful. This certainly beats going to the mall on the weekends.

Here's to looking forward to another productive weekend!! Cheers!



P.S thank you my darling Angel for some of the candid shots! =)





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...