Light stories and heartfelt experiences of anything under the sun, the moon and stars that constantly keep me happy, productive and inspired.

Labels

#consciousshopping (1) #diningathome (1) #elevatedliving (2) #fineliving #dressingpresentably (1) #fineliving #slowliving #everythingstartsathome (2) #homemaking (2) #homemaking #fineliving #slowliving #everythingstartsathome (2) #homemakingchic (1) #minimalism #clutterfreehome (1) #quefamilytravels #travelingafterthepandemic #ahomemakersrealization (1) #slowfashion (1) a Mother's love (2) alternative health (6) Angelo (1) Angelo Que (16) aromahead (1) aromatherapy (2) aromatherapy education (1) aromatherapy resources (1) Ashtanga yoga (1) AsianTour (1) Attachment Parenting (2) awareness (1) Ayurveda (4) baby cuddles (1) Baby milestones (4) baby traits (1) Baby wearing (1) Baby yoga (1) Bahay Kalipay (1) Bali (1) Bali Spirit Festival (1) Balik Bukid (1) base oils (1) Batangas (1) blessings (3) bloggy moms (2) Camilo (3) Chai Tea (1) chakra meditation (1) chakras (2) Chandra (11) christmas (2) co sleeping (1) Co-sleeping (1) consciousness (1) Crans Montana (2) daydreams (1) delights (3) DIY (1) Dr. Karen Kow (1) Echo store (1) Eco living (6) eco-friendly home (4) Elephant Santuary (1) epiphany (8) essential oils (2) family (4) family love (1) family travel (1) family vacay (1) Fierce love (1) food (5) France (2) Fun Farm (1) Going Green (5) golf (8) good thoughts (1) Govinda Kai (1) gratitude (2) Green Living (1) Green Smoothies (1) Happy To Be In (1) Harvest Moon (1) health consciousness (5) healthy living (1) holistic farm (1) home (5) homemade foods (1) Hongkong (1) ICTSI (3) Ilog Maria (1) Iloilo (1) Indigo Baby (1) Inner Dance (1) inner healing (1) Iyengar Yoga (2) Jeju Island (1) Jessica Blanchard (1) katie moore (1) Kino McGregor (1) Knitting (1) ladies pro golf (1) Ladies professional golf (1) life (1) Lifestyle Network (1) love (18) LPGT (1) lullabies (1) Maldives (1) Male (1) mamababylove (4) manila workshops (1) Massage Therapy (1) MC Yogi (1) meditation (4) Moon cycles (1) Moon Phases (1) moon themes (1) moonbaby (6) Mother's Day (1) Motherhood (2) motivation (1) Natural and Organic (3) natural birth and natural parenting (1) natural parenting (2) Natural pregnancy (1) natural remedies (3) nature healing (2) Nature Trips (3) nesting (1) new baby (1) nurturing infants (1) OM Spa (1) Organic Barley (1) parenthood (2) parenting (2) Paris (3) Philippine Golf Tour (1) plants (1) Poems (1) precious (1) pregnancy (2) prenatal yoga (4) Punta Fuego (1) Raw Foods (3) Rina Ortiz (1) Ritz Carlton (1) Santosha (1) sattvic (4) Saya Baby Carrier (1) Shopping (1) simple cooking (1) Sivananda (1) sound healing (1) spinal anethesia (1) St. Omer (2) summer (1) Summer baby (1) Sun (1) teaching (2) the yoga shala (1) Thoughts (1) toddler milestones (1) travel (9) Tree planting (1) Ubud (1) universal energy (1) upcoming newborn (1) vacation (4) vastu (1) VCO (1) Wahm (1) Waldorf Education (1) waterbabies (1) Wellness (1) wham (1) Wheatgrass (1) Working Mom magazine (1) yoga (10) Yoga Manila (3) yoga poses (3) Yoga Thailand (1) Yoginspired (1) Zen (2)

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Slow Flow With Yoga Manila


My own personal practice is truly the Ashtanga Vinyasa method. But to teach, I find myself drawn to the Sivananda way. Yoga Manila has given me this opportunity to teach the practice, and it is called Slow Flow. I have to say that it is actually more relaxed and chilled out. What's also great about it, is that I even get to do more poses that I know I am capable of doing, or poses I would just love to work on (like more hip openers and back bending), that I am not able to do in Ashtanga. With Ashtanga, it strictly follows mastering the primary series first that allows you to move on to second, and then third and so on. If I'm not mistaken, the series is until the sixth. I heard somewhere (some yogi students joke) that people who have reached that far are actually flying upon reaching this series. The first thing that pops into my head is Cirque De Soleil.:)

I don't think I'll ever have plans of going that far. Maybe I could still tap into the second series. But who knows. My goal is different now. Practicing/teaching Sivananda has opened my eyes and made me realize some things about myself. It taught me that yoga is a lifelong journey and not a race. It has taught me a lot of patience, acceptance and detachment from things. If I cannot get it now, there is always tomorrow. Slowly but surely in my own body's time and without forgetting to breathe, I will get there. It is also through this class that I am reminded greatly of ahimsa or non-violence towards myself. This thought applies not only on the mat but to everything else in my life.

I have started to get my feet wet by teaching Slow Flow classes once a week every Saturdays for the whole month of May in Yoga Manila Alabang Studio from 8:30am to 10am.

Starting June until August, my classes have accelerated to twice a week: Here is my schedule for Slow Flow classes:

MONDAYS:

8:30AM to 10AM YM Alabang Studio
6:30PM to 8PM YM Makati Studio


WEDNESDAYS:

8:30AM to 10AM YM Alabang Studio


Looking forward to sharing positive energies with my other fellow yogis and yoginis!

OM SHANTI

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...