Light stories and heartfelt experiences of anything under the sun, the moon and stars that constantly keep me happy, productive and inspired.

Labels

#consciousshopping (1) #diningathome (1) #elevatedliving (2) #fineliving #dressingpresentably (1) #fineliving #slowliving #everythingstartsathome (2) #homemaking (2) #homemaking #fineliving #slowliving #everythingstartsathome (2) #homemakingchic (1) #minimalism #clutterfreehome (1) #quefamilytravels #travelingafterthepandemic #ahomemakersrealization (1) #slowfashion (1) a Mother's love (2) alternative health (6) Angelo (1) Angelo Que (16) aromahead (1) aromatherapy (2) aromatherapy education (1) aromatherapy resources (1) Ashtanga yoga (1) AsianTour (1) Attachment Parenting (2) awareness (1) Ayurveda (4) baby cuddles (1) Baby milestones (4) baby traits (1) Baby wearing (1) Baby yoga (1) Bahay Kalipay (1) Bali (1) Bali Spirit Festival (1) Balik Bukid (1) base oils (1) Batangas (1) blessings (3) bloggy moms (2) Camilo (3) Chai Tea (1) chakra meditation (1) chakras (2) Chandra (11) christmas (2) co sleeping (1) Co-sleeping (1) consciousness (1) Crans Montana (2) daydreams (1) delights (3) DIY (1) Dr. Karen Kow (1) Echo store (1) Eco living (6) eco-friendly home (4) Elephant Santuary (1) epiphany (8) essential oils (2) family (4) family love (1) family travel (1) family vacay (1) Fierce love (1) food (5) France (2) Fun Farm (1) Going Green (5) golf (8) good thoughts (1) Govinda Kai (1) gratitude (2) Green Living (1) Green Smoothies (1) Happy To Be In (1) Harvest Moon (1) health consciousness (5) healthy living (1) holistic farm (1) home (5) homemade foods (1) Hongkong (1) ICTSI (3) Ilog Maria (1) Iloilo (1) Indigo Baby (1) Inner Dance (1) inner healing (1) Iyengar Yoga (2) Jeju Island (1) Jessica Blanchard (1) katie moore (1) Kino McGregor (1) Knitting (1) ladies pro golf (1) Ladies professional golf (1) life (1) Lifestyle Network (1) love (18) LPGT (1) lullabies (1) Maldives (1) Male (1) mamababylove (4) manila workshops (1) Massage Therapy (1) MC Yogi (1) meditation (4) Moon cycles (1) Moon Phases (1) moon themes (1) moonbaby (6) Mother's Day (1) Motherhood (2) motivation (1) Natural and Organic (3) natural birth and natural parenting (1) natural parenting (2) Natural pregnancy (1) natural remedies (3) nature healing (2) Nature Trips (3) nesting (1) new baby (1) nurturing infants (1) OM Spa (1) Organic Barley (1) parenthood (2) parenting (2) Paris (3) Philippine Golf Tour (1) plants (1) Poems (1) precious (1) pregnancy (2) prenatal yoga (4) Punta Fuego (1) Raw Foods (3) Rina Ortiz (1) Ritz Carlton (1) Santosha (1) sattvic (4) Saya Baby Carrier (1) Shopping (1) simple cooking (1) Sivananda (1) sound healing (1) spinal anethesia (1) St. Omer (2) summer (1) Summer baby (1) Sun (1) teaching (2) the yoga shala (1) Thoughts (1) toddler milestones (1) travel (9) Tree planting (1) Ubud (1) universal energy (1) upcoming newborn (1) vacation (4) vastu (1) VCO (1) Wahm (1) Waldorf Education (1) waterbabies (1) Wellness (1) wham (1) Wheatgrass (1) Working Mom magazine (1) yoga (10) Yoga Manila (3) yoga poses (3) Yoga Thailand (1) Yoginspired (1) Zen (2)

Sunday, February 28, 2010

On Back Bending...


January 2010, in this picture, I still needed a safety blanket from my mentor, Clayton Horton. I am thankful that he was guiding me through it, helping me feel my way around my body.

February 2010, under one of Govinda Kai's My Sore classes, I was able to perform Urdhva Dhanurasana's (upward bow pose) dropping back and coming up without any assistance. The last time I remember doing this up and down motion (without any awareness at all) from the ground up, was when I was 10 years old at the time and playing piko. Now at 30 something when your bones are at their peak, I did it because he left me no choice. The energy was so strong it was exhilarating. It was finally finding that momentum ( I had been looking for) and the power of my legs that helped me come up with ease. I think my body seemed to remember now . All it took was for him to let me go and give me that trusting, confident vibe that I could.. That action will well be remembered now since I was told to do it 5 more times. As superficial as it may sound since it is just a pose, I am still not over the fact that I did it. There are many other poses in the primary series that I have not yet completed. Anatomically it still seems impossible. But who knows, one different teacher at a time to help me uncover the endless possibilities of what my mysterious body is capable of. I have my whole life time to discovering this. :)


P.S Thank you for taking this pic, Kar kar! =)


2 comments:

  1. "But who knows, one different teacher at a time to help me uncover the endless possibilities of what my mysterious body is capable of. I have my whole lifetime to discovering this. :)"--> Ooohhh!!! I like this... quite symbolic of human existence! Tani guin kodak mo para maka-kita man ta sing balintuwad mo! LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know what I will and I'm gonna post it here on on my blog. :) Thanks bubba!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...